Site Overlay

How to Use Oxalic Acid Vaporizer

When you are a beekeeper, one of the toughest challenges you may face is discovering mites inside your hive. The good news is that it doesn’t already mean the end. You can now try different ways of getting rid of mites in your beehives. 

But as you may know, one of the common means is using pesticides that may be dangerous to your beers. However, there is one effective and safe method of killing mites without posing harm to your bees. This is with the use of an oxalic acid vaporizer

What is Oxalic Acid?

Also called oxalate, oxalic acid is a natural compound found in many vegetables and nuts, including cocoa, beets, and rhubarb.

The human body also can produce its own oxalic acid. But although it is good that your body contains some amount of oxalic acid, consuming it in excess amounts is not recommended. 

use an oxalic acid vaporizer because varroa mites are sensitive oxalate
A beekeeper is using an oxalic acid vaporizer because varroa mites are found to be sensitive to various types of acids like citric and lactic. Oxalate is the organic acid they are most sensitive to.

Once the oxalic acid reaches the human body, it will bind to the minerals present there. This will then form compounds including calcium oxalate and iron oxalate. It often occurs in the colon and there, the compounds will be disposed of in the form of urine or stool. 

Oxalic acid also forms compounds in the different parts of the kidneys or urinary tract. It often results in the formation of kidney stones that may become more difficult for the body to get rid of. 

Is Oxalic Acid Effective?

Varroa mites are one of the most serious concerns for many beekeepers all over the world. These mites are small and red but are notorious bloodsuckers. Some bee professionals even call them the bedbugs of beehives. 

These mites bite bees and hang on to them while feeding on their fat. It makes the bee as it loses blood and vital fat. 

YouTube video
Beekeeper shows his portable oxalic acid vaporizing setup

When checking your hive, you might notice red, brown, or black spots on the body or thorax of the bees. These mites feed on the blood of the bees. If left untreated, these mites may cause fatal damage to an entire colony.

Posts from the same category:

Copyright © 2024 Fan. All Rights Reserved. | Catch Vogue by Catch Themes